Green tourism, though very much associated with rural tourism, has its own differentiating characteristics that make it unique. Generally speaking, it is commonly accepted that green tourism joins, as the name states, a touristic activity with nature. However, this tourism is not exclusively based on its enjoyment through the activities it can offer. It goes beyond that, and it’s about enjoying it while respecting flora and fauna as well as local lifestyles.
What characteristics define green tourism?
If you wish to know the characteristics that define green tourism so you can start engaging on it, we are baring it all!
Not all locations are valid to engage in green tourism. You need, for starters, a place far away from cities. Tranquility and quietness must dominate the environment, as the pace is a lot slower than we are used to in big cities.
Usually, it is practiced in small communities no larger than 2,000 population, where normally rural lifestyles predominate. Meaning, the weight of the primary sector still are very present.
Respect for all kinds of local lifeforms
In green tourism cultural treats and traditions of the people who live in the area are unquestionably respected. It is about taking part in traditions, culture, festivities and even everyday chores. And, of course, all of that without imposing one’s traditions and ways of seeing the world.
Managing the cultural and touristic offer
The places where green tourism is practiced, the cultural availability, such as museums, castles, antique houses, is all done by locals. In the same way, the business activity is made of local products manufactured by the inhabitants of your destination.
Respect for nature
Of course, if green tourism is practiced in natural locations, you must respect them. Because of this, people who engage on this type of tourism opt for means of transportation less polluting than planes. They choose to travel in the mean which will have less impact and that will allow a more direct contactwith its people and also with their travel companions. Traveling by boat or train, whenever possible, are the means of transportation of choice.
Respect for nature in green tourism go hand in hand with choosing lodging that is sustainable and responsible with the environment. Regarding the rooms, this eco hotels usually offer forest lodges completely integrated in the landscape and the environment. Moreover, eco hotels take green tourism practices to each and every service they offer and their management areas. For example, their gastronomy is elaborated using bio products, from local producers and farmers and, therefore, close to the environment. You achieve this to promote life and businesses and reducing contamination in their transport. As a result, the gastronomy offered by green tourism is quite the treasure.
The way it makes us feel
Green tourism not only has a positive impact where is practiced, also in the way people who engage on it feel. And the thing is, going back to your origins to a natural and relaxing atmosphere, to a simpler life, with plenty of time for yourself, alleviates stress and anxiety we accumulate in our day-to-day lives.
VIVOOD Hotel, your place to engage on green tourism
If you wish to practice the most authentic green tourism in an eco hotel, without sparring on any commodity, VIVOOD is the place you are looking for. With all the typical facilities you can find in an exclusive hotel in a luxury natural environment as it is the Guadalest Valley.
Come and discover our hotel in Alicante, we are awaiting at the luxury of evasion!
– Los bonos Suite Doble, Villa Premium, Spa y Gastronomía tienen validez de uso de un año desde la fecha de compra para canjear y disfrutar. No incluye fechas marcadas por el hotel como eventos especiales.
– El bono será confirmado una vez hecho efectivo el cobro por parte del establecimiento.
– Para canjear el bono es obligatorio e imprescindible presentar en Recepción la tarjeta física “Condiciones” que se incluye en la caja del bono regalo. Sin esta tarjeta el bono no tendrá validez.
– Canjear el bono con al menos un mes de antelación para asegurar disponibilidad.
– El hotel se reserva el derecho de canjear tres bonos regalo al día.
– Reserva condicionada bajo disponibilidad del establecimiento y a estancias mínimas vigentes en cada momento.
– El bono no puede usarse para acciones comerciales y de marketing, tales como sorteos, promociones, entre otras, sin el previo consentimiento por escrito por parte del hotel. VIVOOD se reserva el derecho a no canjear bonos que se hayan adquirido con tal fin.
Política de Pago
Pago íntegro del 100% para formalizar el bono regalo.
El bono regalo no es reembolsable.
Política de Envío
Todos los bonos regalo se envían por correo postal estándar. El destinatario lo recibirá en un plazo de 4 a 6 días hábiles a partir del pago efectivo del bono. Para envíos a las Islas o extranjero, consultar condiciones con el departamento de Reservas (96 631 85 85 / firstname.lastname@example.org)